We took the kids ice skating for the first time the other day.
We took them to the Seven Peaks Arena in Provo. They have so much to offer. Aside from public ice skating, they do skating lessons, birthday parties, ice hockey for all ages, floor hockey, curling, indoor soccer and so much more.
Like I said, it was my kids' first time on the ice. I have four kids from ages 7-11. Seven Peaks provided us with these "crutches" for free. The kids did great. After a few laps with the "crutches," they felt confident enough to try it on their own. I would highly recommend Seven Peaks. It was very family friendly and it was set up smartly.
A few tips you need to know...
1. They only have so many crutches and they go quickly so get there right at the beginning of open skate to reserve some for your kids.
2. It cost our family of 6 about $35. That included skate rentals and two hours of ice time. However, they have way better deals on Monday for family night. It would have cost us only $20 on a Monday.
3. They do a break half way through open skate to Zamboni the ice. It takes about 5 minutes and makes a big difference for a smoother skate.
4. They have a very reasonable concession stand with good prices. They had hot chocolate, soda, nachos and lots of other things.
5. They have the floors padded everywhere so you never have to take your skates off. That means if your kid has to go potty 2 minutes in-- it's not going to take too long.
6. For all other questions and information you can check out their website HERE. They have a schedule of open skate times and prices.